Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), APPENDIX-I, II & III – Combined, has issued an Appendix in reference of the Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2014 for the following posts mentioned below. The willing candidates can apply for the same on the official website of the UPSC, mentioned below as well as information containing in the Appendix-I, II & III.
Name of the post: Geologist
- Category no.: 1
- No. of papers : Geology Paper I, Geology Paper II, Geology Paper III
Name of the post: Geophysicists
- Category no.: 2
- No. of papers : Geophysics Paper I, Geophysics Paper II, Geophysics Paper III
Name of the post: Chemist
- Category no.: 3
- No. of papers : Chemistry Paper I, Chemistry Paper II, Chemistry Paper III
Name of the post: Junior Hydro geologist
- Category no.: 4
- No. of papers : Geology Paper I, Geology Paper II, Hydro geology
Common Facts in all the Examinations:
- Exam of General English : 100 Marks
- Duration of the examination: 3 hours
- Maximum Marks: 200 (Except English: 100 Marks)
- Medium of the examination: English only
- No. of things allowed in the examination hall: Candidates can bring battery- operated pocket calculators inside the examination hall.
- Concept of Helper (Scribe); One has to write examination in his/her own handwriting in any circumstances.
- Code of Conduct in Examination Hall: One should not misbehave in any condition in the examination hall.
- Things not to be carried inside the examination hall: Mobile phones and any communication device.
How to Apply UPSC Examination 2014:
- First of all visit www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Now you will have to click on the link of “Recruitment”
- Then you will have to create an account, if you don’t have then log in.
- Now in the beginning you will have to select the name of the post you are applying for.
- Then you will have to to give some general information about yourself.
- Now you will have to mention about your educational & professional qualification.
- Then the most important thing to fill the details of your experience.
- After giving some more information you will just have to click on “Submit”
- You can also take a print out of that to be retained by you.
- Now at last either you will have to pay application fees through SBI net banking or by challan in any of the branch of SBI to complete the process.
- Note no.1: Make it sure that you should have an active E- mail id used for further correspondence.
- Note no:2: Application fees is INR 200 for all the above posts with exemption of fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Female Candidates.
Special Note: If you want to furnish more information about the Posts then either you may refer to the edition of “Employment News” dated 1-7 March 2014 or visit official website of the institution, mentioned above .
Important Dates of UPSC Examination 2014:
Starting date of Applying: 1 March 2014
Last date of Applying: Till 31st of March 2014 by 11.59 P.M
If you have still any doubt regarding UPSC Examination 2014, you can submit your comments below.